CEPS Energy Market Forum
Launched recently, the CEPS Energy Market Forum (EMF) provides for a neutral space where policy‐makers and regulators can meet stakeholders to discuss and define the design of electricity and gas markets in Europe.
With this initiative, CEPS contributes its independent analysis and innovative ideas to make the European energy markets fit for the transition to a low-carbon economy. The EMF strives, among others, to achieve the following objectives:
- Contribute to transition-proof market design for electricity and gas
- Improve the compatibility of national and European energy policies
- Develop politically feasible, yet cost-efficient pathways to a sustainable and secure energy system
Please find here the PROSPECTUS.
The project is co-chaired by:
- Ryszard Petru, President of the Association of Polish Economists, Former advisor to the Deputy Prime Minister Leszek Balcerowicz
- Reinhard Stuth, Lawyer, former Senator of the city of Hamburg
The analytical work is being conducted in the established format of CEPS Task Forces (TF), all chaired by well-known EU energy and regulatory specialists:
- Péter Kaderják (Director, Regional Centre for Energy Policy Research) chairs EMF TF 1: Coordinating energy strategies in central Europe
- Gábor Szörényi (General Secretary, Energy Regulators Regional Association) chairs EMF TF 2: Increasing the flexibility of the European electricity system
- Jacques de Jong (Senior Fellow, Clingendael International Energy Programme) chairs EMF TF 3: Integrating gas and electricity markets in Europe
- Robert Klotz (Partner, Mayer Brown Europe-Brussels LLP) chairs EMF TF 4: Minimising distortions in the European energy markets
While each Task Force will publish its own findings, a high level policy document in the form of a joint synthesis paper will integrate all results. As policy opportunities arise, CEPS will also draft and circulate specific recommendations based on the work carried out within the Task Forces.
Recent activities of the CEPS EMF:
- Genoese, F.; Egenhofer, C. (2014): Submission to DG Competition: Public Consultation on the “Draft Guidelines on Environmental and Energy Aid 2014-2020”